Contact Us | Search


If you encounter a problem with your investments or simply have questions regarding investment issues you may make an inquiry to the provincial securities administrators. They will provide information and guidance.

Simply visit their websites or telephone the securities commission in your province to obtain help. They can also provide information on the company and representative you are dealing with, and advise whether the representative has been disciplined. See section on Regulators for contact details.

The Ontario Securities Commission has recently established an Office for Investors and they are particularly helpful.

If you have a complaint you should also contact the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI) to determine how you can have OBSI examine your complaint.

The Securities Commissions will not resolve your issue or arrange for restitution excepting Quebec where they are able to resolve some issues and arrange for restitution.

OBSI however will investigate and make recommendations which may provide restitution. See the section on Related Agencies under Regulation for contact details.

You must bear in mind that the Limitation Periods limit the time you have to make a complaint to two years so it is imperative that you take action as early as possible to avoid being statute barred from proceeding to litigation which may be the only way to achieve restitution.

If your losses are substantial you should contact a good securities lawyer as soon as possible to determine your options and the best course of action.

Refer to the Regulation web page on this website for securities commissions contact information.

For additional information contact SIPA at